Friday 16 May 2008

Morriss' Fudge Squares


170 g butter

3/4 c sugar

2 T golden syrup

2 T cocoa

1 1/2 c flour

1 1/2 t baking powder

3/4 c coconut


Icing:

125 g icing sugar

1 T cocoa (sifted)

15 ml warm water


Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius or gas mark 4.
  2. In a pot melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup and cocoa (I like to sift this to get out any lumps).
  3. Add the flour, baking powder and coconut to the melted mixture.
  4. Press mixture out in a Swiss roll tin (or similar, shallow tray).
  5. Bake for 10 minutes.

Icing:

  1. Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl.
2. Add warm water and mix until smooth. Add extra water drop by drop if the icing is too stiff.
TO FINISH:

Ice fudge squares when cool and cut into squares.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those squares look good! But in other news, I made up a recipe (combined and mixed up a bunch of others replacing ingredients with what *I* had in the pantry) and I'd really appreciate if you could try making it and give me feedback. Link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26400914@N06/2508363176/in/photostream/

Anna said...

hey, just looked at recipe. I have some ginger to use up and am on holiday this week so might just try it out! Recipe looks good. Were the larger biscuits the first batch?

Unknown said...

It was all from the same batch of dough.

The large ones I baked first when I didn't realise how big they'd get!

Lots of biscuits is hardly a terrible problem though ;)